Seattle University 1313 East Columbia

2009

The 1313 East Columbia building has seen several uses in its history.  Built in 1936 in the Art-Deco style, it originally served as a Coca-Cola bottling plant.  The University purchased the building so it could be used as a temporary academic library, and later as a main hub for its facility administration.  A full seismic upgrade of the existing concrete facility was implemented as well as modifications to framing that allowed desired program modifications and the support of new mechanical equipment.